We have survival kits for camping trips and natural disasters. We have special kits for snake bites and cuts. We keep emergency kits in our cars and we even carry mini-sewing kits when we travel – just in case. But it seems that we don’t keep on hand the important supplies needed to survive the knocks and punches of everyday life.
If I could, I would gather all of the supplies needed to survive life’s journey, package them up, and send them to all of my family and friends, to all of my readers, and to all the people I share this Earth with.
But I can’t. So instead I’m going to share with you a supply list and urge you to gather the items and keep them nearby – and remember to help those around you who need the extra care by making an extra kit or two. (Just in case.)
A Survival Kit for Life’s Journey
- A rubber band to help you be flexible, and not break
- A cotton ball to cushion the rough times ahead
- Hershey’s Hugs and Kisses as a reminder that we all need hugs and kisses
- A golden ribbon to tie hearts together in friendship
- Life Savers as a reminder of the times we need each other’s help and to keep you from drowning in everyday chores
- A toothpick to pick out the good in everyone… including yourself!
- An eraser because everyone makes mistakes; and that’s okay, we learn by our mistakes
- A pencil to list your blessings every day
- A tea bag to help you relax daily and go over your list of blessings
- Marbles for when you lose yours
- A candle to remind you to share your light
- Jewels to remind you how valuable you are to me