It’s another list day. Yay!
Today’s list is 10 things I’ve not done in more than a year but that I am going to work hard at doing in the next 12 months. So here goes!
- Go for a bike ride (Last ride: Autumn 2008)
- Plant something (Last planting: Tulip and crocus bulbs in England; March 2010)
- Eat BBQ burgers and dogs (It’s been 2+ years which is too+ long!)
- Go to Scotland (Last trip: Feb/Mar 2010)
- Travel out of state to visit friends* (Last trip: October 2009)
- Go to a fair (Last fair: September 2006)
- Get a haircut (Last cut: February 2010**)
- Buy a fiction novel (Last purchase: April 2010)
- Go camping (Last trip: So long ago I can’t even remember!)
- Buy a new gadget***
And may I just say how difficult it was to create this list? At first I thought: Just 10 things? No problem! But the problem is that so many of the things I’ve not done in the past year+ are things that I have no intentions of ever doing again! I mean, it’s been more than a year since I last changed a tire, but I don’t plan on changing one in the next year. Nor do I plan on chopping fire wood or making a pine cone wreath.
How about you? Do you have a list of 10 things to share? And if so, how easy was it to create?
* As in to another state within the USA—not as in out of the states, which I’ve done as recently as December 2010.
** Yes, really. More than a year ago. That’s about normal for me. What do I care? It’s just hair.
*** OK, in fairness I bought an iPod Shuffle sometime last summer. But with gadgets, a month is like a year, so I’m really jonesin’, man!