And, I’m pleased to say, I am actually making pretty decent progress!
To keep me accountable, I’m going to share my list here – and I will try to give little updates in any posts between now and my return to school. So, here goes!
- Finish the swirl drawing for my anniversary contest winner
- Run a total of 30 training miles
- Complete my US taxes
- Complete applications for jobs and internships
- Write another 2,500 words for my dissertation
And, in addition to my to-do list, I am going to work on fixing some bad habits I’ve gotten into. To that, I will aim to:
- Drink more water – much, much more water!
- Go to bed before 11 pm every night (unless I am socialising in a face-to-face setting)
- Get out of bed before 9 am every morning
- Eat at least 5 servings of fresh fruits and vegetables every day
- Get out of the flat for at least an hour every day (in addition to time spent running)
I am pleased to say that I am making progress with both lists. My swirl drawing (shown above) is coming along nicely. I ran nearly 5 miles yesterday and will run the same route again tomorrow. I have organised my tax documents and will call my bank to sort out the last documents tomorrow evening (delayed because of time zones). I have completed one job application and have an internship application in progress; I have also sent emails in regards to a couple of other applications. And I have books ready for me to pick up at the library for my dissertation.
Also, I’ve managed to be in and out of bed by my new deadlines – and have been drinking lots of water and enjoying lots of fresh produce. And, I’ve been outside enjoying the lovely spring weather.
Yes, I’ve been a busy little bee, and I hope that it helps to lift my mood and my self-confidence. After all, spring break is no time to sit around and sulk!