I really do love the start of the New Year, because it’s a great opportunity to start fresh. To that, I generally love the end of the year, too, as it’s a great motivator to finish one year’s tasks before moving on to the next.
Generally speaking, my lists are kept on paper and are re-copied as I go along. I add to the list as I cross off completed tasks, and sometimes I delete tasks that I’ve decided aren’t for me. (Sometimes giving up is a sign of strength and courage!)
Anyhow, this year I thought I’d share some of my desired 2015 tasks with you here. In part, because I know I’m more likely to do things I’ve told others about, but also so that I have something to reflect on at the end of the year.
So, here are 10 of the tasks I have on my list this year (so far):
- Write two proper letters per month
- Turn two purple dresses into skirts
- Turn funky green shirt into skirt
- Make stuffed owl and hearts from old jacket
- Crochet shell-stitch afghan for my housemate
- Make pendants from old sea glass
- Make sock monkeys for Layla and Dylan (and others)
- Finish swirls for Royann, Jessica, and Joey (and others)
- Make stained-glass cards for Mum and Ant Elizabeth
- Make t-shirt quilt from pre-2010 running shirts
I know it seems pretty simple to cross off 10 items in a year, but most of these tasks will take several days or even weeks – and many have a steep learning curve, too. Still, they’re things I really want to get done this year, and I hope I manage them all.
There will be many other tasks completed over the year – and many goals reached – but these are the things that are on my list for now. (I confess that some have been carried over from 2014!)