WooHoo! Today is 10-10-10 and I’ve just run a 10K. Yay! This makes me happy because:
- It’s the furthest I’ve run since shortly before Paul died and I’m proud of myself for doing it.
- I ran it with my awesomely-cool 11-year-old nephew who has been my running partner since January.
- Our entries were free because said nephew won them after we ran the Partners in Pain race back in February.
- It helps to get me that little bit closer to my goal of being blissfully happy.
- I finished and am still alive(ish) to tell you all about it!
I must admit that we were a bit slow because neither of us put in the training required for such a race. I could blame it on the fact that I can’t get out there and run because of my foster daughter, but that’s just an excuse. I could claim that I’ve been too stressed for training, but we all know that training would have brought about those lovely en‘Dolphins’ which would have helped to alleviate some of the stress, so that’s a rubbish excuse, too.
Still, I’ve managed a 10K on 10-10-10 which is more than most people I know have done today. So I’m going to take my accomplishment and be happy for it. And as I reminded Haden, no matter how slow we may have been, at least we did it!
Official times aren’t up yet, but we both finished in under 1:20 which was our goal. Haden was about 1:16:16 and I was about 1:16:21.
Yay! for me and Yay! for my nephew!