The second annual “Freeze Your Fanny and Burns’ Supper Extravaganza” weekend is officially over and I think it was a great success! There were 18 of us for dinner all together and everyone seemed to enjoy the haggis!
I realise that there is so much to say about such a fun-filled weekend, but rather than a big story, I’ll just give some of the highlights then you can check out the photo gallery and YouTube videos for more details. So, here’s how the weekend went:
- Most everyone arrived Friday evening and we had a blast playing games and visiting.
- My 11-year-old nephews, Haden and Adrian, and I ran the Freeze Your Fanny 5K on Saturday morning where Haden took 2nd place in his age group and Adrian took 3rd. This was Haden’s second time running the race and Adrian’s first-ever race. (Final times: Haden: 30:04; Adrian: 33:04; Me: 36:50, which isn’t bad since I’d just come off bed rest and took it easy.)
- Flik and Dad had a Scrabble re-match where, though Daddy won, Flik showed a vast improvement to her skills. (Final score: 226 – 281)
- Various sisters, uncles, and nieces hiked Kamiak Butte on Saturday and Sunday.
- Celeste, believe it or not, hiked Kamiak twice in one day!
- Jessica won the Hula Hoop competition.
- With all of the food served throughout the weekend, I didn’t wash a single dish! (Thanks to my awesome sisters!)
- I also didn’t peel any neeps or tatties!
- Everyone tried the haggis and most had at least a second serving if not a third. In fact, many people even had fried haggis for breakfast on Sunday!
- Saturday’s dinner ended with Flik playing Auld Lang Syne on her trumpet.
- Sunday ended with my foster daughter very upset over saying goodbye to her new best friend, my niece Cassandra. (They’ll meet again, for sure!)
- We laughed and laughed and laughed and had a lot and a lot and a lot of fun all weekend long! (Except for the goodbye tears.)
Check out some fun videos from the weekend below!
And check out the photos here: