If I am honest, I would have to say that 2012 has been a pretty unhappy year. I think it’s been even worse because I had such high hopes for it; I suppose that hoping for happiness only served to set me up for greater disappointments. And it really has been a disappointing year on so many levels.
But despite the disappointments I faced, there were good things, too. And those are the memories I will try to take away from 2012. So, here are a few of the year’s high notes:
- I enjoyed a peaceful birthday trip to Crieff
- I watched the Royal Regiment of Scotland parade through Stirling
- I witnessed a dear friend make a happy new start in her life
- I spent a fun day in Edinburgh with my cousin
- I went to the Big Noise concert in Raploch, Stirling
- I had a fun-filled summer holiday in Scotland
- I started a new job
- I turned in my master’s dissertation
- I ran my second marathon
- I moved into an amazing new flat
- My Mum came to Scotland for a visit
- I graduated with distinction
I also have to give special acknowledgement to a group of women who became my virtual ears when I was really struggle a couple of months ago. And further acknowledgement to two amazing friends who’ve been working to bring Just Frances back up to speed so that we can scrap this temporary blog and move full-speed ahead into a bright 2013.
So, goodbye 2012. I will remember the good times. And for you, 2013, I hope you bring me the joy I so desperately want and need!